13 July 2009

Meta what?

In the book by Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein They Say I Say The moves that Matter in Academic writing. This book was full of ideas on how to write good papers and getting clear ideas and thoughts out on paper so that others who read the paper can understand what is being read and have no room to look at what is being written in another way. It was said by the authors that no matter how much is written it can always be understood another way that why the writer has to be very clear on their ideas and make sure that each idea is supported by one another. The authors also give exercises to do to help improve the writing of someone. These exercises also help to clarify the authors ideas of how to write papers and what they are trying to get across what they want the reader to take from this book and each chapter. This book was interesting for me, because it has been a while since I have been in school so writing all these papers has not be the easiest thing to do this summer. I wish I had looked at this book a little more before beginning all these papers and blogs but at least I have been exposed to other ideas of writing and exercises to help me collect my ideas and brainstorm what I need to put down on paper.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about being a useful tool after being out of school for so long. Unfortunately I did not have this class, to actually look for such a book. I think that this book should be introduced to students entering any english course.

    ReplyDelete