25 August 2009

chapter 2 Understanding Comics

After reading chapter 2 of Understanding Comics I have a better understanding of comics. Scott McCloud talks about the identity we find in the pictures we see. He also talks about how drawing these pictures can be done in so many ways and mean so many different things. McCloud talks about how we can see the simplist picture and still see the meaning of that picture just as we would a very detailed almost portrait type of picture.
I am learning alot about comics. I never thought i would be so interested in reading and getting to know more about comics however ones I get into the reading and see the pictures and art I cant help but want to see more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you're reading ahead, but don't forget to blog on chapter 1!

    ReplyDelete