09 April 2012

Defining Comics


In the novel The Power of Comics: History, Form and Culture written by Randy Duncan and Matthew J.Smith comic books are defined and their history is discussed. The Power of Comics gives a broader understanding of the medium and an explanation of comic books vs. graphic novels. I will use this book in my research essay because the authors give a definition of a comic in the introduction. I will compare this definition with all my other sources of definitions to see the similarities and differences. This will help give the reader a better understanding of different points of views on the topic and change their perception on what a comic is.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent annotation! But be careful--novels are works of fiction. That's not what you're talking about here I think.

    ReplyDelete