17 March 2014

Feeder 1.3

"And let's be Jews"

This quote stood out to me in American born Chinese. This piece is very meaningful too me because when I was in middle school I felt like a Jew. I felt like I was different and that I was unwanted. The story possess strong themes of racial stereotype specially American stereotypes of the chineses. This is similar it the Nazis belittling the Jews and making them feel/treat as trash. I felt this way in middle school. Being a African girl was one thing but also believing in Islam made my life a nightmare. Ivnever even wanted to associate with my own kind fearing the bullying will increase. Living in a fear just like the Jews did. Around my last year of middle school that when I gained a voice to stand up for myself and to not be that doormat I use to be. I never wanted anyone to fear me but to respect me. In the story I can Relate to jing Jang in trying to fit in and also having to change yourself just to feel accepted. 



2 comments:

  1. Way to connect multiple readings, Ami! And while I'm sorry you were treated that way, I hope you can turn that lesson into a Personal Narrative that can teach others :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you prof. i will defiantly teach others in my personal narrative.

      Delete