18 March 2014

Feeder 1.3

“In life you’ll meet a lot of jerks. If they hurt you, tell yourself that it’s because they’re stupid. That will help keep you from reacting to their cruelty. Because there is nothing worse than bitterness and vengeance… Always keep your dignity and be true to yourself.” (Persepolis I, P. 150) 
 
This quote stood out to me because people always used to try and put me down when I was younger, but I know you should never try and get them back, but to stay true to yourself and not care what people think or say about you. I thought it was always a safe way to reassure myself to not let them get the best of me. Throughout middle school I would see and run into jerks who thought they were tough and just talk. I knew I was better off keeping my cool because I know if I kept trying to fight with those who tried to make fun of me that's when I know they have won. I remember my mother telling me, "people have nothing better to do when they pick on you." She was kind of right I noticed they really did have nothing better to do. They were the ones barely getting out school or maybe they felt like they had to be there and just make every one miserable too. I always felt my dignity helped me get through to it was like how I was brought up. I can't let people keep me down the best thing to was just move on and look forward. It made me realize when I got older no matter where I go I will meet people who might try to change me but I have to remain true to myself.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good response, Chris, but I'm curious why you chose a quote from a section we didn't read. Did you finish the book?! That would be awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete