24 March 2014

My letter to Art Spiegelman

Dear Art Spiegelman,
       My name is Daniel and I am here writing this letter for you for my English class. Like you, I also have family members that were in the holocaust. Unfortunately I never met them nor heard any stories about it but it was quite interesting reading your book MAUS  about your father's story in the holocaust. After all I have read the book at least 3 times before now only when I was younger though so I don't remember much. So far I've read the first 3 chapters and so far I'm starting to remember the book. All in all I already know what's going to happen especially since I, the reader, already see that you're telling the story of your dater so I know he got out alive. But I see that unfortunately your mom didn't make it and I apologize for that. I forgot what happened to her but I believe that she had you after the war so I'm assuming she got out too. The holocaust was very tragic and I and many others wish it didn't happen, but it did. I would like to ask though, why did you portray Polish people as pigs? I myself am Polish and I'm curious. I understand the cat and mouse aspect but not the pig. Anyways, can't wait to hear from you plus I never had a chance to read the second MAUS but I'm waiting to read it.

Sincerely,
Daniel

1 comment:

  1. Not a bad letter, Daniel! Where's the pic from?!

    ReplyDelete